Have you always wanted to be a pilot? Make your dream of flying come true by earning a Private Pilot certificate with FLT Academy.
What You Can Do with a Private Pilot License
Once you’ve completed your flight training with FLT Academy and have earned your wings as a private pilot, you can:
- Fly solo or with passengers
- Fly day or night in VFR conditions
Your private pilot certificate never expires, as long as you complete one flight review every 24 months.
Requirements for Earning a Private Pilot License
You must be at least 16 years old to fly an aircraft solo (a training requirement) and must be at least 17 to be officially licensed as a private pilot. FLT Academy requires all students to be at least 17 years of age.. During your training with FLT Academy, your flight training will include:
- Advanced maneuvers and cross-country flying
- Pre solo practice and emergency procedures training
- Solo (an experience you’ll never forget)
- Solo cross-country flights
- Instrument-reference and night flights
- 150 nm. cross-country flight
- Review for the FAA knowledge test
- Review for the FAA check ride