It’s the time of year when many of us start thinking ahead to what’s coming next. As we wind down the month of December in what has been a really strange year, you might be thinking about what is going to be different in 2021. Perhaps you’ve thought about getting a new career, or you are ready to embark on school and career training for the first time. As you set your New Year’s Resolutions, think about one that can make a huge difference in your life now and your future: becoming a pilot. If that’s on your list of dream careers, enrolling in flight school is the first step.
Jobs in Aviation
One of the best things about flight school training is that it can provide you with a wide range of career options. Most people think about commercial airline pilots, which is one option with the right flight training and experience, but it’s not the only one. Flight school could also prepare you to become a:
- Regional airline pilot – these pilots fly smaller transport aircraft domestically and sometimes internationally in one specific region of the country or world.
- Cargo pilot – cargo transport is more than just shipping boxes around. For many people, it’s a lifeline as they get everything from vital daily goods to life-saving medications. It’s also growing exponentially as more companies enter the logistics business with the high volume of online shopping and the shipping that is required along with that.
- Military – one of the most demanding, and most rewarding careers in the military is that of a pilot. Getting some initial flight training before you enroll in military training can prepare you for a short-term or long-term career flying military aircraft.
- Flight instructor – if you love to teach, consider going to flight school so you can eventually teach other future pilots how to fly.
- Corporate or private aviation – there is a high demand for pilots to fly private jets, either for individuals or corporations. There are also many positions available to transport cargo for corporations.
- Government service – state and federal officials often have travel needs that require the help of a skilled pilot. Other government-related pilot jobs include firefighting, law enforcement, or search and rescue helicopter pilots.
- Everything else – the list above are some of the most common, but definitely not the only pilot jobs available. Others include crop dusting, emergency medical services (AirMed, Life Flight, etc.), banner advertising over the beaches, tour guides, reporting for local or national news, equipment testing, airshow stunts, and more.
Why the New Year is the Right Time to Enroll
A new year is a time to start fresh, which makes it the perfect time to enroll in a new course to become a pilot. After the crazy year we had in 2020, it’s also the perfect time to start preparing for what will come next when we get to move past the global pandemic. Be ready for a career in the future by enrolling at FLT Academy today.