Once you’ve earned a commercial pilot certificate, you can start receiving pay when flying in specific situations.
What You Can Do with a Commercial Pilot License
A commercial pilot certificate allows you to work for pay in a variety of capacities.
- Flight Instructor
- Banner tower
- Aerial photography
- Fly charter or commercial airlines
Your commercial pilot certificate never expires, as long as you complete one flight review every 24 months.
Requirements for Earning a Commercial Pilot License
You must be at least 18 years old to begin flight training for a commercial pilot license and have at least a current 2nd Class FAA medical certificate to exercise the privileges of being a commercial pilot. During your training with FLT Academy, your flight training will consist of:
- TAA (Technically Advanced Aircraft) time
- Advanced ground reference maneuvers
- Advanced takeoffs and landings
- Advanced flight maneuvers
- Extended cross-country flying
- Review for the FAA knowledge test
- Review for the FAA check ride